Moist and melt in the mouth vegan zucchini chocolate muffin is here to satisfy your next sweet o’ clock craving.
A happy new year to everyone out there. This being my first post for 2018, I wanted to start with sharing something sweet. Do you like zucchini and chocolate then why not try this extremely simple and easy to make Zucchini Chocolate Muffins , one that you are going to fall in love with. This one is yet another vegan recipes as I am gradually moving more towards plant based baking. Being a vegetarian I have always baked without eggs but somehow associated milk and butter whenever thought of baking. I have learnt that this need not be the case as I have tried many recipes without the use of dairy and they all taste perfect. These muffins taste so chocolatey and soft that no one can tell they are dairy free.
I have used coconut milk in this recipe. Although I must admit that I was a bit concerned that this would give a strong coconut flavour to the muffins, but was quite pleased with the outcome. I was aiming for a chocolatey flavour and this recipe kind of nailed it. The use of zucchini in this recipe makes them super moist, without leaving any aftertaste. Do keep in mind to squeeze out extra water from the zucchini before adding to the batter. The consistency of the batter should be slightly thicker than cake batter, meaning you must be able to scoop it out with the help of a spoon to fill in the muffin tin.
I have used the dark belgian chcolate chips that I purchased from amazon for this recipe. It’s a 900g pack which I find quite useful for all my baking needs.
The ingredients used for this delicious muffins are :
- All purpose flour
- Cacoa powder
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
The reasons to absolutely try this recipe are :
- Extremely soft and moist
- Quick and easy to make
- Kids friendly
Here goes the recipe.
- Dry Ingredinets -
- All purpose flour - 160 g
- Cacao powder - 40 g
- Baking powder - 1Tsp.
- Baking Soda - ½ Salt
- Salt - ¼ Tsp.
- Sugar - 160 g
- Wet ingredients -
- Vanilla extract - 1 Tsp.
- Oil - ½ Cup
- Plant based milk - ½ Cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 2 Tsp.
- Zucchini - 1 (grated)- ½ Cup
- Walnuts (Chopped) - ½ cup
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, while you put all the ingredients together.
- Take a bowl. Measure the flour, cocao, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Sieve it for atleast 3 times.
- Take another bowl. Add all the wet ingredients along with sugar. Just make sure to squeeze out as much water from the grated zucchini as possible before adding. Using a whisk mix everything together. Now slowly add the flour mixture and gently fold it in.
- Finish by adding chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Line the muffin tins with muffin liners and scoop equal amount of dough in each one.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Use a skewer to check if the muffins are cooked completely from inside.
- Let them cool in a cooling rack before enjoying with a cup of tea.
**This post contains affiliate links.